Friday, April 1, 2011

The Mess that is My Room...Rehab

This tea is amazing! Mom bought some at Trader Joe's when we were is Chicago this past weekend. I drank one cup with some honey...a little bitter but still delightful. And this is what happened...

 


I moved everything around in my room! This is the "office". I'm still working to scan college papers and other things to my external hard drive. It is a long process but I'm over half finished at this point.


 


This is actually a new mattress set I just purchased with my tax returns. 7'' micro foam!  It is amazing and perfect for firm mattress lovers like me! My new creative project is going to be making a duvet for the down comforter you see here. There is this one from Anthropologie that is my inspiration. 
It is called the Laelia Quilt. 
 

 


I'm going to applique on my favorite flowers in an arrangement like this one. I have been gathering fabric for some time now and have just enough to make poppies, iris', bougainvilleas, lilacs, and possibly a few more of my favorite flowers. 


  

This is the coffee drinking nook!



My little "dressing" area. There is a mountain of laundry behind the chair with the leather-looking pillow on it.  And that mountain has actually grown since this photo.