Sunday, April 3, 2011

Antiquing for 3 hours...no joke

Saturday! And it's beautiful outside. Still a little chilly though...I could have used a jacket over my long-sleeved shirt today but I survived. 

Yesterday I went to Fort Wayne to help out Stephenie at the lab since Heidi called in sick (she had sliced open her elbow area because framing glass was sticking out on the table at Frame Art. She had to get 4 stitches, no taking of showers, and no bending of arm for a couple days. It was a clean cut). After work I met her and Carita at Carita's workplace...S-t-a-r-b-u-c-k-s. Did I just drool? With a certain someone's discount I purchased 1 lb off the new Tribute Blend and these!



Wow, they are pretty good. And go delightfully with the Tribute Blend or coffee in general. F.Y.I: DO NOT GET COFFEE FROM THE LASSUS GAS STATION IN AVILLA, INDIANA. IT WILL BE A WASTE OF A $1 AND SOMETHING OR IF YOU ARE ME A WASTE OF A $1.38 ONLY BECAUSE I PRESSED THE CAPPUCCINO BUTTON ONE TIME TO GET SOME FLAVOR IN THE GROSSNESS IN MY CUP AND WAS CHARGED EXTRA FOR DOING SO. LETS JUST SAY THAT THE FLOWER BED IS HAPPY NOW THAT IT HAS SOME LIQUIDS TO FEAST UPON...OR ARE THEY? 
 

Back to the macadamia nuts. I have one complaint because my mother taught me to be my own food critic...something my dad can't stand that she does when we go out to eat. The nuts were coated with a caramelized sugar before the chocolate. At first you think, "Cool! They are like those amazing almonds at the mall that smell so delicious." No. No, they are not the similar in any way. But I still love them because they contain coffee, chocolate, and macadamia nuts (with an unwanted crunch)!   




I drove back home from Stephenie's house (that is where the bad coffee experience happened) and decided to stop at the Heart of Lakes Antique Mall in my hometown. And boy, good thing I did. HUGE SALE! Every booth was marked a % off. Mostly 15% and 20% off but 1 or 2 were 50% off. I found some gift things that I can't show you because I don't want you telling the giftees what they are getting for their birthdays. But I can show you what got for me :)




This cute postcard from 1918. It looks like a husband (Frank) sent it to his wife (Nancy) saying he was going be home soon. She was in Illinois and he was in Kansas.



5 of these cute napkins. Aren't they adorable? I am going to use them as Easter/Spring decorations. 


Some more crystal candlestick holders. This one is my first double handle one. I believe this one is Depression glass. Crystal candlestick holders are my new favorite thing, well have been for a while now. I pick them up whenever I find them under $5. I got an idea from a magazine to decorate wedding reception tables with them. And I love eclectic decorating. I was thinking for my own wedding someday, or Heidi's, or anybody really who likes the idea and wants to borrow them. When I have my own house I'm going to put shelves up and display them like this: 





These have an etched flower on the sides. Cute!





My peeps in the background. 


What else? What else? I wish I could show my favorite purchase but then Heidi wouldn't be surprised for her birthday. :(









1 comment:

cpainton said...

I am glad you didn't go to any thrift stores...you know how I feel about thrift stores!!
Glad you found some good finds :)