Sunday, September 14, 2008

The moon is peeking out of the Golan Heights


Yesterday was an amazing day! I got up at 6 am and hiked the Golan Heights. But after 2 hours of hiking and 15 minutes from the top I pooped out because I made the mistake of no breakfast and as a result felt sick. It was an amazing view and hike anyway.

In the afternoon we had an internship/Dean meeting and then had a few hours free in the early evening before our next scheduled event. So the girls and I went to the swimming pool on the Kibbutz to meet some people. It seemed like weren’t going to see anyone except for the lifeguard until a group of college people showed up. They were Saky (Isaac in English), Pavel (guy; cousin of Saky), Yasmine (like Jasmine but with a yah),(who is dating Pavel), and Chee-ko (22 y/o guy). We talked with them for a long time. We had some good conversations we BII students could share what we stand for. I really enjoyed talking with them. Nice people but have the mindset that they make their own scale of “goodness”. Please pray for these four students.

After our time in the pool we met with Ettie who found families for us that could adopt up for the 9 months. I went to a family that has a daughter, Hagar, that loves the Baptist students and is going to America in November to visit some of them. I really like the family a lot and am going to visit them. Tomorrow I have more Hebrew lessons and getting started into the homework.

No comments: