Thursday, September 11, 2008

#3: There is a zebra stripped cat on the porch


It is 3:40 in the afternoon and the temperature is HOT in Celsius! I have only a short time before my very first Hebrew class begins in Kibbutz HaOn (pronounced Ha-own). Today was my second day working in the medical supplies factory. Yesterday I folded big paper sheets with window in the centers for surgeries. Today I put together plastic sheets that stick to the skin under the eyes for surgeries also. It is hands on work that I like and I'm getting practice with my Hebrew from Esther, Mikhal, Helen, and others that I have not quite learned out to see their names spelled in Hebrew in my mind to remember them. Last night we went over to Brad and Jeanie Brough for a class, singing, prayer, and dinner. Jeanie is an amazing cook that I plan to get some recipes from for Renee before I leave. If you are new to the site remember that you must have received (or asked to receive) an email from Renee before you can contact me.

My address is :

Heather Beaver
Kibbutz Tel Qazir
D.N. Emek Hayarden
15165 Israel

Phone number is:

011-972-4-675-6931 (Israel is 7 hours a head of Eastern Time Zone)

1 comment:

cpainton said...

So where is this stripped cat? Hehe...