Saturday, September 27, 2008

Kinneret Swim!


This morning at 8:30 I swam a mile of the Sea of Galilee. It was amazing! It took about an hour and when we were done we got snack, bag of stuff including: keychain, backpack, and brochure papers. I bought a t-shirt. So now I can say that I've been there done that and got the t-shirt. The ending point also was a water park so we went down some slides. We all picked up some Israeli flag and posed for a picture. It was funny because everyone was staring at us and then they started clapping, like we were an Olympic Team. Which sidenote: Speedo helped sponsor the event (as well and Kinder. The German chocolate eggs that have prizes inside of them) and there were Michael Phelps pictures at their booth. It was a Kodak moment so I snapped a photo of Mr. Phelps in Israel. I am sore already from our hike yesterday and the swim today. But it is worth it!

...I used my underwater camera and soon I will get it developed and put up the pictures of the Yehudiya hike yesterday and the Kinneret Swim today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's so awesome!
today I went rafting on the Gauley, but that's not nearly as awesome as swimming the sea of galilee!!! miss ya,
Lisa D